No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots, which the body converts to vitamin A. This is a truly versatile vegetable and also a source of vitamins B and C as well as calcium pectate, an extraordinary pectin fiber that has been found to have possible lipid supporting properties.It is also the best source of just about any mineral or vitamin you need.
The carrot is an herbaceous plant containing about 87% water, and is a source mineral salts. The phytonutrients found in this super-food are nature's marvelous provision for possibly combating of various illnesses. Carrots have been used traditionally to support a healthy intestine. Like any food that is a source of minerals and fiber there are many possible benefits like an overall tonic effect. Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which may which may support a clean and healthy blood stream. They nourish the entire system and help support a healthy acid-alkaline balance in the body. The carrot also has a reputation as a vegetable that may support healthy eyesight.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Carrot Powder may include:
- May support a healthy acid-alkaline balance within the body
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Antidiarrheal & antianemic properties
- Source of pectin fiber
- Supporting healthy eyesight
- Diuretic properties
- A source of phytonutrients including lutein, lycopene, alpha, beta & gamma carotenes, zeaxanthin & xanthophyll
Constituents of Carrot include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta & Alpha carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Lycopene, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
- Flavones: Luteolin
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Quercetin